I just approved 1.02 for app store release, it should go live soon. Among many bug fixes and UI improvements the main aim for this release has been full compatibility with Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup (DCSS).
RogueTerm 1.02 (iTunes)
From the changelog:
- DPad support for DCSS
- Full support for DCSS 0.9.1
- Support for iPad portrait orientation
- Fixed bugs that prevented return-key to work properly
- Can properly use backspace in engrave in NetHack
- Support for several DCSS UTF-8 chars, like trees and water
- Support for port in server name, like crawl.develz.org:345
- More robust error handling
Happy dungeon crawling!
Since I had to test something on a pure TTY vanilla NetHack anyway, and as always it took me a while to figure all the minimal patches out, I decided to upload the result to github. Then I realized that OSX Lion users are no longer able to download the official NetHack Mac binaries due to lack of Rosetta, so made the whole thing into a binary distribution as well.
It’s a single-player dist that you have to extract directly into your home folder, so you’ll get
~/NetHack as a result. If you want to relocate the installation you have to do so manually (think setting HACKDIR or editing the main script).
Download NetHack 3.4.3 Terminal Port for OSX Lion
Please let me know if you run into any trouble.