I just approved 1.02 for app store release, it should go live soon. Among many bug fixes and UI improvements the main aim for this release has been full compatibility with Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup (DCSS).
RogueTerm 1.02 (iTunes)
From the changelog:
- DPad support for DCSS
- Full support for DCSS 0.9.1
- Support for iPad portrait orientation
- Fixed bugs that prevented return-key to work properly
- Can properly use backspace in engrave in NetHack
- Support for several DCSS UTF-8 chars, like trees and water
- Support for port in server name, like crawl.develz.org:345
- More robust error handling
Happy dungeon crawling!
RogueTerm 1.01 contains some quick bug fixes, including:
- Deleting servers is permanent
- Adding Meta-Chars to the action bar should now work without crashes
- Clarified that IBMGraphics is currently not supported, use DECGraphics instead. Please contact me if your game/server doesn’t support this (see the built-in Help for details).
Happy NetHacking and Crawling!
RogueTerm is available right now in the app store . Get it now while supply lasts and connect to your favorite roguelike server. And don’t forget to let me know about your experience with it.
- Works out-of-the-box for NetHack
- Movable on-screen D-Pad with vi-keys
- Run-support in NetHack with tap-and-hold on any D-Pad key
- Freely configurable action bar that contains your most often used commands
- Switch easily between different action bar configurations
I’ve used it mostly for connecting to NetHack servers, but DCSS looks playable too. The 0.9.0 seems to have some glitches due to UTF-8, but nothing preventing you from playing (and should be fixed soon). You can add and delete servers and create and edit shortcuts.
It’s an iOS 4.x universal app with retina support and should appear in the app store soon (next Wednesday if all goes as planned).
App store link to follow as soon as it’s final.
Here are some screenshots: